Our terms and conditions cover what is included free in your standard install and what happens if we need to quote for extra works.
Sometimes issues arise on the day that mean we can’t complete your install on the first visit, but if we know about these in advance, we can often resolve them beforehand.
So for the best experience, if you think there’s any reason why we might not be able to complete your install on the day, please let us know.
Evolve Charge Ltd’s standard installation package for the Homecharge Charge Point covers the majority of homes in the UK and includes the following:
- Fitting of a Charge Point on a brick or plaster wall, or to another suitable permanent structure.
- Up to 15 metres (50 feet) of cable, run and neatly clipped to the wall between the electricity supply meter / distribution board and the Charge Point.
- Routing of the cable through a drilled hole in a wall up to 500mm (20 inches) thick, if this is needed.
- The fitting and testing of electrical connections and protections required for the Charge Point.
- An additional three way consumer unit, if required.
- Installation of a Type C MCB and a Type A RCD in an RCBO enclosure.
- Up to 3 metres (10 feet) of plastic conduit to conceal interior wiring.
- An earth rod in soft ground, if required.
Some conditions and limitations that you need to know:
- The Charge Point must be located in your designated off-street parking area and be fixed at a height where it can’t be hit by a vehicle.
- We can’t fix the cable higher than 1.8 metres (6 feet) above the ground. If fixing higher than this is unavoidable then the installation may need to be paused – in that case we will quote for any extra work needed.
- We can’t, as part of the standard package, trench the cable underground or suspend it above ground – if something like this is required please talk to us so that we can give you a quote in advance. If we find out on the day that we have to cross a garden or a pathway we may need to pause the job and quote for the extra work needed to trench the cable.
- When you are using your charger the EV charging lead must remain on your property and must not create a trip hazard for you or anyone else.
- We can’t run cable under floorboards or through ducting / ceiling voids / wall voids without a draw cord (to pull the cable through), or if the floorboards have not been lifted. We can’t take responsibility for reinstating flooring or other building materials after the cable has been laid.
- Our experts are not able to work in crawl spaces, on roofs or in lofts if it is deemed unsafe by them.
- Our experts are not able to work in extreme weather (i.e. flooding or intense rain). If it is not safe to carry on, our expert will do as much as they can and we will return at a later date.
- If you have purchased a freestanding mount for the Charge Point to be fitted on please be aware that there may be an additional cost for installing this.
What happens if we find that your existing wiring isn’t up to scratch:
- Evolve Charge Ltd follows BS7671 2018 Standard Regulations and NICEIC guidelines on Electric Vehicle installations.
- If we can’t install in line with these rules then your installation will be paused and we will quote for the work needed to meet the required standards.
- If the existing electrical arrangements at the property are not in line with these rules or there is something else that makes it unsafe for us to install then we will quote for the work needed to meet the required standards..
What happens if your electrical supply is inadequate:
We can only complete the job if the electrical capacity (i.e. main fuse) can support the additional electrical demands of the Pod Point. If the capacity is not sufficient, we might be able to de-rate the Charge Point or we may have to pause the job until your main fuse is upgraded by your electricity supplier.
We allocate two hours for standard installations. If we can’t complete on the day because of supply related problems or unexpected extra works then we will reschedule an installation date once the additional works are complete or our quotation for the work has been accepted.
- If required, your installation project manager or Charge Point Expert will detail required works and provide a no obligation quotation for these services. Quotations are valid for a period of 90 days once issued.
- If the additional works are minor (less than 2 hours additional works) and can be completed on the day, you will be eligible for a £50 discount if you decide to pay and proceed on the day.
- If it is determined that an installation cannot be completed on the day, Evolve Charge Ltd will quote for additional works, and a new installation date will be given once payment has been made. Please allow up to 10 working days for a new installation date.
- If your Charge Point Expert suspects that the installation will not comply with the OLEV grant requirements (see OLEV terms and conditions below), your installation will be paused. Should you disagree with that assessment, you will be given an opportunity to contest this by providing Evolve Charge Ltd with information to state your case to the government, which we can then pass on to the DVLA/OLEV for pre-approval. Should Evolve Charge Ltd receive approval to proceed, a new installation date will be given, please allow up to 10 working days for a new installation date.
- The owner/customer or a responsible adult of the age of 18 years or over needs to be present on site for the entire duration of the install.
3 Year Warranty:
Our home charge points are covered by a comprehensive 36 month warranty. Any hardware failure should be promptly reported to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote the serial number, the date of installation and a brief description of the fault. The Charge Point technical team will carry out an assessment and will contact you to get further details and if necessary arrange a service visit.
The warranty will be void if the Charge Point unit is opened, modified, tampered with or repair is attempted by anyone other than an Evolve Charge Ltd appointed electrician.
A 24 month extended warranty can be purchased, all of the same terms & conditions apply.
Limitation of Liability:
In no event will Evolve Charge Ltd accept any liability for any loss, costs or consequential damage due to the use and/or misuse of our hardware or software products except where this is caused by our negligence.
In no event will Evolve Charge Ltd accept any liability for any loss, costs or consequential damage due to the aborted installation of a home charge point where it is not safe or practical to install.
- This includes, but isn’t limited to, issues related to land ownership or power which can’t be assessed prior to install. In these circumstances we will provide a full refund of all money paid to us (Evolve Charge Ltd) in respect of the planned installation, unless you (the customer) withheld any key information from us.
You (the customer) are liable for any costs incurred due to the supply of false, inaccurate or incomplete information to us (Evolve Charge Ltd) in relation to the OLEV and EST home charge grants or any other of the services we offer.
Home Charge Grant for Electric Car Charging:
The Office for Low Emission Vehicles (OLEV) provides a grant for EV drivers to have a Charge Point installed at their home. Evolve Charge Ltd will process and manage the application in order to claim the grant for you.
The grant is subject to a number of terms and conditions, a summary of which is provided here
Summary of OLEV Terms and Conditions:
- Residents must provide evidence of being the registered keeper or lessee, or be named as the primary user of an eligible EV or plug-in vehicle in order to be able to claim the grant.
- Only one claim per vehicle can be made, even if you own more than one home. However, a single customer can claim one charging point per vehicle, for up to two vehicles.
- A list of qualifying electric vehicles is maintained at: https://www.gov.uk/plug-in-car…
- The grant is only applicable for residential addresses with designated private off-street parking.
- If you are not the property owner and freeholder of the building, signed written permission and a proof of address from the appropriate owner or management company must be obtained prior to installation of the Charge Point.
- Any area where the installation of a Charge point by Evolve charge Ltd may affect another property owner, written permission and a proof of address from the appropriate owners must be obtained prior to installation of the Charge Point.
- If you are the property owner and freeholder of a listed building, Evolve Charge Ltd requires listed consent from the local planning authority before an installation can take place.
- Full details of the grant terms and conditions are available here: https://www.gov.uk/government/…
Customers who require additional information, or have any queries on the grant process should contact OLEV directly on:
- All our charge points are supplied with Carbon Sync capability.
- Carbon Sync allows us to briefly pause charging on instruction from official bodies (for example the national grid) for the purpose of balancing or maintaining stability of the local or national electrical generation or distribution grid. Under normal circumstances, we don’t expect Carbon Sync to have any material effect on charging, however, you agree that Carbon Sync may lead to pauses in charging.
Energy Clamp & Smart Charging:
Some of our new Charge Point home charge units purchased or installed offer ‘Smart Charging’. Once connected to WiFi, the home charge unit will automatically receive over-the-air updates, meaning it continually benefits from the latest software updates available. Connecting your home charge unit to WiFi will also allow you to see the energy used to charge your electric vehicle, via the appropriate app.
Whilst the above functionality comes as standard with some units, the energy clamp will help to unlock even more Smart Charging functionality. The energy clamp is installed with some new home charge units purchased or installed. During your installation, the Charge Point expert will simply attach the clamp around the electricity meter tails and wire it into the home charge unit or use a wireless transmitter.
The energy clamp potentially unlocks several different features depending on your property’s compatibility. Customers with solar power, detached garage installations and three phase power supply may experience limited energy clamp functionality which will be assessed on the day of installation or beforehand if required
Some Customers will benefit from the “Auto Power Balancing” feature of the energy clamp. This safety feature adjusts the charge rate and prevents overloading your property’s allocated electricity supply.
Please note, any alterations post-installation may impact the home charge unit’s functionality. Please call our support team if you have any questions.
If your home charge unit is installed from a secondary distribution board, your cut out fuse is not protected from overload.